A successful businessman gets involved in a political battle with 2 notorious ministers regarding the well being of fishermen in Tamil Nadu.
Sarkar is a 2018 Indian Tamil-language action drama film written and directed by AR Murugadoss, and produced by Kalanithi Maran under the banner Sun Pictures. The dialogues were co-written by Murugadoss and B. Jeyamohan. The film stars Vijay, Keerthy Suresh, Varalaxmi Sarathkumar, Yogi Babu and Radha Ravi. It follows Sundar Ramaswamy, a non-resident Indian (NRI) who arrives in India from the United States to cast his vote in the election, only to find his vote has already been recorded as cast. Ramaswamy raises awareness against electoral fraud among the masses, and decides to contest as a nonpartisian politician in the elections.
- Vijay as Sundar Ramswamy, a businessman-turned-politician
- Keerthy Suresh as Nila, Sundar’s love interest
- Varalaxmi Sarathkumar as Komalavalli “Pappa”, a politician
- Radha Ravi as Malarvannan “Rendu”, Pappa’s paternal uncle
- Pala. Karuppiah as M. Masilamani, Pappa’s father, the former Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Yogi Babu as Kaushik, a fraudulent voter
- Rajesh as T. N. Chari, the Election Commissioner
- J.Livingston as Venkatesan, Nila’s father
- Prem Kumar as Sundar Ramasamy’s brother
- Tulasi Shivamani as M. Masilamani’s wife
- Kalyani Natarajan as Sundar Ramasamy’s mother